There are just a lot of places to visit, sights to see and things to do in Bolinao, Pangasinan. You'll never run out of ideas if you decide to take that six-hour ride northwest of Metro Manila to this beautiful town.
So, here's a quick list of To See and To Do in Bolinao. ^_^
1. Learn to speak Bolinao. Yes, they have their own unique language. Get this book for a hundred bucks and speak like a local in no time.
2. Feed your hungry tummy at budget restaurants/eateries around town. Get these delectable Filipino dishes at a reasonable price.
3. Commute. Now, that you can speak like a local, eat like a local, why not try commuting like a local? ^_^ COMMUTING, It's More Fun in the Philippines.
4. Go around town. Bolinao is easy to explore, just hire a tricycle and you're good to go!
5. Visit and learn more about marine life at the UP Marine Science Institute.
6. Buy local products at Bolinao People's Market. If you want to experience the real busy market day, join the fun during Tuesdays and Saturdays as local products, vendors and buyers flock to Bolinao during this time.
7. Try river-kayaking or just plain sight seeing at Balingasay River, one of the cleanest rivers in the Philippines.
8. Are you claustrophobic? Conquer your fear and enjoy a day of spelunking and fresh-water dipping at these beautiful caves. Enchanted Cave, Wonderful Cave, and Cindy's Cave are just few of the many underground natural pool in Bolinao where you can enjoy with your family and friends.
9. Lo and Behold the Majestic Cape Bolinao. Prepare to be amazed by this grandiose structure and feed your appetite for beautiful sceneries with the vast sea surrounding the lighthouse.
10. Enjoy the sun, sea and sand of Patar White Beach. What to do?
a. Beach Bum. Get a tan. Stroll by the beach. Swim. You're a bore if you don't appreciate this beautiful sight.
|Uhm, I know you won't get a tan wearing your jacket. ^_^|
b. CamWhore! Take your camera out, strike a pose and tadaaaa!!
c. Watch the sunset. From sun-ups to sun-downs, you'll never get tired of Patar Beach especially if you see for yourself this lovely sunset.
d. Camp-out! Yes, the best way to make your beach day "sulit" is to actually sleep on it! ^_^
See, Bolinao may not be as popular as Puerto Princesa, but it sure has its own treasures to offer. So, if you need a quick trip from the Metro, you now know where to go. ^_^
Photo Credits: Josiah Sicad