Tuesday, August 9, 2011

WOW Mindanao in 2012!

I am hoping to finish my grad studies at ADMU sometime in march, 2012. By this time, I will be going back to Gensan to render my return service for my scholarship. It also means, no more easy access on most tourist spots in the Philippines. It's easier when you're in Manila because you don't have to book connecting flights to most domestic destinations. (ex: Gensan-Manila-Puerto Princesa)

Before I set my foot back to Gensan, I am planning to do one more travel: Coron or Legazpi. But, my travel plans don't end here. I am still dreaming of going around the Philippines in the next few years, even thought of quitting my job in the academe and be a full-time traveler.

If there's one thing I love doing these days, it's traveling. I enjoy the idea of going to a place I have never been to and just explore, appreciate and surprise myself with what that place can offer. The thought keeps me at awe a lot of times.

So, what's next after my trip on March '12? MINDANAO.

I have spent most of my life in Mindanao but I have never imagined myself going around it. I spent four years in Iligan City and have endured 12-hour bus rides from Gensan just to get there. But, that's just it. It's a basic bus ride, I'm a passenger sleeping most of the time, waking up to check on the time and the place and ask "are we there yet?"

Mindanao has a lot to offer: beaches, mountains, good food, and even terrorist groups! Kidding. :p Unlike what the media depicts of Mindanao, it's basically safe there. I don't plan to check on Basilan, anyway. But, even Basilan has some nice beaches too. And who can skip the amazing Tubbataha Reef? How about the mystical Camiguin Island? Or the majestic Mount Apo? The beaches of Mati is a must-go! And oooooh Dakak! The waterfalls of Iligan (which I have never seen in my four-year stay there). The mystery of Enchanted River and Little Niagara of the Philippines, Tinuy-an Falls in Surigao. Or maybe I can try surfing in Siargao.

Awww. The list can be endless. :P

Whew! The idea, as always, is exciting! I have to endure bus rides though. No more comfy plane rides but hey, it also means no more expensive terminal fees and taxes! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment